[Sca-cooks] planting fish

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 13:17:29 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/13/2005 4:03:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
otsisto at socket.net writes:

I think  I am remembering wrong but I think one of the plants provided
nitrogen to  the soil which helped one of the other plants that thrive  on
nitrogen.

Beans, or most beans, are nitrogen fixing type plants... That's why  they're
usually part of a crop rotation cycle.

>The "3 sisters" is an area specific belief, therefore "many native  tribes"
>would not have used that planting method.

Mia culpa... I cited no sources, just remembered reading one of the local
Cherokee booklets. I'm not blaming their research, just my lack of it.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will  annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm  Albright