[Sca-cooks] Patting myself on the back

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 10:15:44 PST 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:

>Ah, but does it taste too much like raspberries? <weg>  Preen away, dear,
>and have some to drink, for health's sake!
>--Maire (who made a rasp. cordial once, and had A&S judges knock off points
>because it tasted too much like raspberries, so it's kinda become a local
>joke ;o)

Ummmmm......that kind of reminds me of a garb competition I entered many
years back.  The documentation I wrote up, fully referenced, stated that
there were no extant garments done in the style I had used, though there
was plenty of written documentation, some of it primary, in both prose
and a couple of poems that mentioned the style.  The judges took off
points because I didn't provide photographs of garments using the
technique   I had used!  I puzzled over it for quite some time until I
finally deduced that the judges didn't know anything about Japanese garb
and felt they HAD to say something or folks would know they didn't know
anything about it.  Sigh.

Kiri

I happen to be very fond of fruit cordials that exalt the taste of the
fruit in question.  The lady who taught the cordials class at MKCC had a
wonderful red currant cordial that wasn't overly alcoholic in taste,
very light, in fact...and tasted like I was eating the actual fruit.