[Sca-cooks] hard French baguettes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 20 11:31:10 PST 2005

One of the joys of a real French baguette (as opposed to a fairly dense
bread in a baguette shape) is the crust is thin and crisp and the inside is
very light with lots of air hole in the crumb.  If you store bread in a
plastic bag the interior moisture softens the crust.  The plastic bag with
holes reduces direct contact to the air, but lets the moisture in the bag
escape, keeping the crust crisp.

Bear