[Sca-cooks] And now for something totally different

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 09:17:24 PST 2005

I'm thinking of bringing a fried turkey to
12th Night. Yeah, I know, but at least I'm bringing
something that looks like a period food.
Other people are bringing stuff from Chili's.
I'll also be bringing a couple of period dishes
as well.

ANYway, I have never deep fried a turkey
before and would like some advice/wisdom on
how to do it without burning the turkey,
poisoning my diners or burning down the
house.

I'll either brine it or inject it with a butter/sage/garlic
mixture.

So, any help here?

Gunthar