Challenging beliefs RE: [Sca-cooks] cordials

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Dec 22 18:24:36 PST 2005

Now, Papa...you've been king.  You should remember that that sort of
Political Tongue is a general peer quality, even if not quite at the level
of having the gift of Parsle Tongue (sp?).
Laurels also don't know everything about everything, despite our secret
decoder rings.  I hang out on this list because you guys let me, bless you
all, but I am *SO* NOT a Food Laurel.  I got recognized for embroidery.  I
think.  I make food mistakes all the time, but hopefully, not the same ones!
At any rate, we actually run into this sort of thing fairly often--most of
the plaintive voices I hear from my fellows usually comes from non-textile
Laurels who are assumed to be clothing experts, though. ;o)  I'd only really
be worried about the laurel mentioned if he/she had been recognized for
brewing/liqueurs/etc.  It may be an IKA thing (or a matter of personal
approachability) but I, for one, here in Artemisia, sure wouldn't have any
problem with someone asking me for sources, or to explain my reasoning on a
certain topic.  How the heck else am I going to learn, peerage or not?
--Maire, Auld Aten laurel, now popping back into the back kitchen at the
Rock to continue making blintzes for the 25th (stuffed with cheese and lox
and chives...mmmmm)