[Sca-cooks] wafers was freezing butter

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 23 04:35:34 PST 2005

Sometimes they stick, especially if you are not using
a newer non-stick iron. With the older irons, grease or
oil every other wafer and see how that works. Liquid or flour
can be added or adjusted. Part of the problem lies in the size of
the eggs. Did you use jumbo's or medium? You can adjust the batter to
get more of a dough. Thickness is often dependant of how thick the iron is.
Krumkakes are generally thinner than the pizelles.
1/2 stick butter equals 4 ounces. That's half a cup.
2 sticks equal 1 cup. Your oil might have been off by a tad.
Yes, butter freezes well. I stock up whenever it's on sale or when
I have the opportunity to shop at the warehouse store.

Johnnae