[Sca-cooks] Re: buttering cats

Robert Downie rdownie at mts.net
Fri Dec 23 15:03:20 PST 2005

Devra at aol.com wrote:

>        I think that buttering the cat's paws is supposed to force them to
>sit and wash them off. This makes them feel cosy and by the time they are
>satisfied that they're clean, they (supposedly) have accepted their new home. Dunno
>0 I don't let my cats outside, so the whole point is moot.
>     Devra

One of the people I used to regularly see at lunch in my old job ws a
real card.  He once speculated on what would happen if you buttered the
back of a cat, then dropped it - would it still land on it's feet or
would the "bread always falls butter side down" rule apply?

Faerisa - still alive, just busy

P.S. yes, I know they "disproved" the buttered bread myth on Mythbusters
(but Istill  have issues with the way they conducted the experiment).