[Sca-cooks] Re:keeping butter

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 23 15:23:19 PST 2005

We had a mama kitty when I was growing up that would eat the *strangest*
things.  We lived on a farm, and kept a coffee can on the back porch with
suitable leftovers to take out to the chickens, the next time someone went
out to the barn.  That cat got more of it sometimes than the flock did--cold
oatmeal, melon guts, etc.
My current kitties don't go much for human food, but I do have one that eats
wool and silk, and another who, bold as brass, will jump up onto the counter
*right in front of me!*, and go for the butter.  If I forget, and leave it
out, I'll come home to find big scoops of it missing, patiently licked out
with a cat tongue (you can see the little grooves).
Oh, and one of the four of them has a great fondness for collard greens and
kale....will knock the garbage over to get to the "ribs" that I cut out when
sauteing winter greens.
--Maire