[Sca-cooks] Best fishes for dried fish

Jeff Elder scholari at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 18:01:46 PST 2005

Trader Joes sells dried smoked salmon
It is very tasty, although does make ones breath less than appealing, But
you cat will love you!
Oriental food store has dried squid in the snack food section, although I
have heard of it being the bigger squids for soups and stir fry.
My Cherokee Cooklore Book has this:
Barbequed fish (A-su-Nv Ta-A A-Gu-Di)
Cut fish into strips or chunks, string on pieces of sharpened sticks and
hang over ore before a fire.  Turn often and keep before the fire until fish
does not drip any more.  Hang up fore later by stringing on thongs, bear
grass, etc.  Use by making stew or soup.
Cherokee cooklore : preparing Cherokee foods
by Mary Ulmer Chiltoskey;  Samuel E Beck
Publisher: Cherokee, N.C. : Mary and Goingback Chiltoskey, [©1951]

Simon Hondy
"Cum Omni humilitate
faciant ipsas artes"
  -St. Benedict