[Sca-cooks] embroidery/cooking Laurels

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 18:46:49 PST 2005

>         What about using licorice whips? You could do blackwork
> with them...
> Especially on a sheet of marzipan or marziplate... With gold
> leafing for
> capitals...  Of course, you'd need a needle with a pretty big eye,
> or maybe
> use an awl... (Oh this is so gross)
>      Devra, who is sorry that she even thought about it

I'm not sure why you say that you're sorry that you even thought
about it...

When I saw Maire's comment:
> Not edible embroidery, no, but I do have a pattern for edible
> knitting (made
> with "string" licorice).  Would that count?

All I could think of was "chainmail bikinis". And now I can't get the
image out of my mind. Wonder if they make "string" licorice in other
than licorice (or worse, cherry)  flavor... :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com