[Sca-cooks] And now for something totally different

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 23:08:07 PST 2005

Drakey replied to me with:

Sorry to hear about your eye... I've managed to get hot oil on my eye
and give myself a corneal burn.  Hurt like hell for 2 weeks... So I
kinda know what it feels like...
<<<

Thanks for the thought. But yours sounds a *lot* worse. corneal
burn?! 2 weeks! Gasp!

Went in for my follow-up visit with my eye-doctor yesterday and he
says it looks like my eye is healing fine. My vision is still a
little blurred, bright light still hurts and they feel dried and
irritated but its better each day. I ought to replace these cheap
sunglasses (they fit over my other eyeglasses) with something which
will cut the glare better, anyway.

No weird accident stories to mention apart from almost getting my
goolies ripped off last weekend in Innilgard (the tribulations of being
a Baron),
<<<

I've always heard that you guys in Lochac were much more authentic
than those of us in other parts of the Known World. I think the Kings
here just force the Baron to resign when they are displeased with
one. Perhaps next time you should cloak your comments about the
Royalty in more obscure language. :-)   See:
p-swears-msg      (48K)  9/ 1/99    Period swears, oaths and insults.
                                        euphemisms.
P-Polit-Songs-art  (8K)  7/24/02    "Period Political Songs" by Baron
Hrolf
                                         Herjolffsen OP.

Stefan
--------