[Sca-cooks] Autocratting frequency (was 12th nite)

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:19:03 PST 2005

     Yep, Master A, that rule is still in effect; it's part of our bylaws - but it's one event every six months, either as autocrat or as head cook.  We're all allowed to play in anyone else's kitchen or otherwise assist at all events, and may do events outside our group, but we may not be responsible for more than one event per semester in Ostgardr.  And as for the cooks, well, there's Master A, Master Argyle (brewing Laurel), me, Andrea MacEntyre, Patrick (who plays primarily with us), and my proto-apprentice, Lady Ilya Scott de Londers, who has been my apprentice in all but name for a couple of years now, and will come up quickly once the kids are old enough to be more on their own, and a couple of others who tend to play primarily with their household in New Jersey.  (Dietrich just got his Maunche for cooking, and resides in Northpass, for example.)
     As for me, I learned early on that I loathe autocratting, but have a blast in the kitchen...  But I'm getting old, and find that I really do not have the stamina to put on a full feast any more, so I'm mainly teaching (and learning), and perhaps doing an Ostgardr supper club every now and again.

Regards,
Brekke