[Sca-cooks] Maire's "SCA Wickedly Perfect" challenge...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jan 14 18:30:08 PST 2005

Okay, so as some of you may know, there's a new reality show on t.v.
called "Wickedly Perfect," which Anahita described in an email today.
Yesterday's episode involved a competition based on a "dinner party" for
12? guests.  The two teams had a budget of (I think) $2500 dollars, and
they had 36 hours to do it from start to finish.
It got me to thinking about how carefully we budget feasts, and how much
fun it could be to have that much money to work with for a *large*
group, let alone, 12 people!  So I figured, let's turn it into a virtual
challenge!

THE CHALLENGE:
You and your team have 36 hours and $2500 dollars to create a fabulous
SCA feast for 12 people.  Assume that you do not have to come up with
kitchen equipment, and that you do not have to pay hall/table/etc.
rentals.  But you do have to come up with your own decorations,
entertainment, etc.  You may have up to 6 people on your team, and they
must be real people from within the SCA community.
What would you serve? Who would you want to be on your team? How would
you decorate?  Would you have little "guest gifts" for yout guests
(something required on the t.v. show's episode), and if so, what would
they be? Extra details as needed....
To make this possibly even more entertaining, I'll even come up with a
"foodie" prize to be awarded to the winner....;-)
The challenge is open from tonight (01/14) through Sunday-next-weekend
(01/23).  Anybody interested? <g>

--maire, cold-and-snowbound in NW Artemisia, and ready for fun!!!