[Sca-cooks] Drakey's "bad news"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 00:09:59 PST 2005

Drakey responded:
> > Drakey, I hope you are okay.  Would you share
> > your bad news with us?
>
> The bad news is a case of forced responsibility.  The news came through
> from the King of Lochac last night that on May 31st I am to be
> invested,
> along with my lady Bloddeuwedd, as the Baron and Baroness of Innilgard
> (Adelaide, Australia).  Very proud and humbled to be selected but
> filled
> with irrational fears and trepidation.
Whew! I had apparently skipped over your comment originally. When I saw
it quoted, I had a number of apprehensive thoughts. Much as you seem to
be always getting into some kind of trouble, and even though we joke
with you about it, we really, really wouldn't like you to get into real
trouble. So, the actual news is a relief. Although I wonder if this
affliction of yours will spread to your barony... :-)

Perhaps these two files in the SCA-INC section of the Florilegium might
prove of use to you?
Baronial-Lead-art (18K)  5/30/97    "Principles of Leadership and a
Baron/ess"
                                        by Conor mac Cinneide.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Baronial-Lead-art.html
Guid-f-Barons-art (61K)  1/19/02    "A Guide for Barons and Baronesses"
by
                                        Baron Hrolf Herjolffsen OP and
Mistress
                                        Madelaine de Bourgogne OL, OP.