[Sca-cooks] Curry Ketchup Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 20, Issue 125

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 08:34:12 PST 2005

Greetings Ysabeau,

I have found comercial curry ketchup for sale in
german deli/stores, but I usually make my own.  I grew
up where Curry Wurst was sold on every streetcorner,
and it is still a comfort food-treat for me.

I use a goodly puddle of tomato ketchup (.5-.75 Cup?)
a sprinkle of paprika (mild, but you could do hot if
you like it) maybe .25 t, a bigger sprinkle of curry
powder (spice island in a jar) about .75 t, and
finally some worchester sauce (about 1T)  and stir it
all  together.  Experiment and find proportions you
like.  I have taken to mixing a full ketchup bottle at
a time, using a couple of tablespoons of curry and
scaling the other spices up as well.

I also found some online sources:
http://store.yahoo.com/gdcom/burcurket19o.html
http://www.ketchupworld.com/ketchupnews.html