[Sca-cooks] Early Feast?

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Jan 31 06:48:40 PST 2005

I'm curious about the concept of starting feast in the late
afternoon. When do you have court?

Our barony hosts Candlemas each year. It is slightly different
from most Ansteorran events because it is traditionally a day
event instead of a camping event. We usually hold classes and the
A&S competition followed by court and feast, then (time
permitting) revelry. There is usually only pick-up fighting, if
any, at this event.

In the debate on the EK list, what were the pros and cons? I would
think that if it is a traditional camping event in Ansteorra,
everyone needs the couple of hours between the end of the day
activities and beginning of feast/court to shower, change, etc.
However, at a day event that wouldn't be necessary unless there is
fighting.

Thanks,
Ysabeau

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net