[Sca-cooks] An open letter to Food TV regarding Mr. Flay...+ a computer question

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jan 4 18:06:15 PST 2005

At 05:47 PM 1/4/2005, you wrote:

>>Heeeey!!! Don't blame me for that one! I haven't even seen Iron Chef,
>>much less Bobby Flay, so I have no opinion one way or the other. Have to
>>admit the colorful language describing him has been amusing though...
>>
>>'Lainie
>
>Word on the street is he's a poopy butthead! (And the prevailing consensus
>of the professional cooking community is similar.)
>
>Adamantius
>--

Ah! Well then! As I have had similar things to say about certain political
figures, Mr Flay must be worthy of his very own Circle in Hell! Or at least
a corner of one (if Circles had corners, that is...).

So- does anyone have any ideas about the following (gotta say something
before I start collecting explosives): mail I should be receiving from
several Yahoo Groups in bouncing. Not all, about half. 35 messages since
the 1st, to be exact. The bounce error message listed on the page in Yahoo
preferences says:

Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [66.94.237.37]
blocked using
bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?66.94.237.37
[RCPT_TO]

I am mystified. It is not my outgoing mail that is being blocked- it is
incoming. I don't have SpamCop, neither does my ISP. It looks as though
Yahoo is blocking it's own messages. I've written them but have heard
nothing. In the meantime, I'm not getting mail from Yahoo Groups, including
my home Barony's list.

Does anyone have any ideas, before I tear the rest of my hair out?

'Lainie