[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 5 07:56:09 PST 2005

> I love making home made hard cider from apple juice.  It's really easy
> and a lot of fun.  I always add a good, appropriate yeast and a little
> yeast nutrient and the results I get are nearly always positive (I've
> had one go off, cause unknown, bad lactobacillus infection) and
> repeatable.  Apple juice is not cheap, my time is always invaluable
> (it's a commodity beyond value because once it's gone, it's gone for
> good) and thus I try my best not to make expensive failures that have to
> be poured down the sink.

*grin* I'm amused becaue every time I've gone out of my way to *try* to
make hard cider, it's failed-- and decorated various parts of my house
with exploding apple juice-- but when I've just left the rest of the
gallon at the back of the fridge because I didn't get to it, and fail to
throw it out in a timely manner, I've had much better luck with it. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_