[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 5 07:58:35 PST 2005

> >I ran across a recipe one time, years ago, for making "soft" hard cider
> (something with a really low alcohol content), and it involved buying a
> jug of the unpasteurized apple cider (in the U.S., Mel, that's an
> unfermented beverage distinct from apple *juice*),
>
> How does it differ ?

Apple juice in the US is filtered. And usually pasteurized.

(Since my younger brothers enjoyed this as their favorite beverage when
they were in diapers, I have a strong negative reaction to the smell of
filtered apple juice. But I still love apple cider.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_