Fw: Spirits was Re: [Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in makingcider

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Jan 6 13:41:08 PST 2005

Melanie Wilson wrote:

[snip]

> [...]

I await the conclusion of your researches.

This may help ...

http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beverages-msg.html

> > Yes I understand they were more medicinal too which is
> > why I questioned the SCA use of them , ie in what context
> > were they produced, using what references for example.

I understand that by the time of Elizabeth, there popular.

> > I tend to focus of a single period specific (several
> > periods but only one at a time) But in my periods spirits
> > as a social drink are not mentioned as far as I'm aware.

A ratifia was said to be a special drink associated with the
signing of a treaty.  At this time I have no specific dates or