[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 15:48:47 PST 2005

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

. And sometimes they
> have apple juice/cider from specific apple types rather than the
> generic juice. Probably modern hybrids like Granny Smith, and certainly
> not from cider apples, but it would be a start.

Granny Smith Apple Juice??  Never heard of it, but it sounds like it would be delicious.  I love
Granny Smith apples!!!  Tart, sweet, crispy....ice cold on a hot summer day!  Or with Caramel
stretched over it!!  With Pecans!!!!!!  You know, I'll only eat a red apple once every year or so,
but I'll eat a Granny Smith each and every time they are offered.  It's not that I don't like red
apples, because I do.... it's just one of those things.  Kind of like this:  I'm not a big fan of
apple juice, but I love the taste of cider (alcoholic cider).  My roommate finds tomatoes
abhorrent, but will eat the crap out of ketchup, and tomato sauce based dishes.  Go figure...

Anyway, I'll be keeping a peeper out for Granny Smith apple juice from now on...

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.