[Sca-cooks] Re: Gum Paste

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Sun Jan 9 18:28:04 PST 2005

Well now the funny thing is that you sort of answered that one in your
question...

First off we didn't wrap them we just stuck them in a box and popped
them into the freezer.  (This is a chest style freezer not an upright.)
 Nope no problems with moisture as they were really dried out.  As far
as spoiling well honestly I had no clue as to the shelf life of gum
paste and wanted to preserve the taste as much as possible.  (They were
lemon flavored)  And finally I stored them in the freezer because at the
time that was the place that was dust free and animal free.
We are wanting to move very soon to fix that problem... animals not the
dust... ;)
Nichola