[Sca-cooks] mayan

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 10 06:09:06 PST 2005

The only other book that comes to mind besides what Anahita
mentions is the one that Hippocrene released---
MAYAN COOKING: CLASSIC RECIPES FROM THE SUN KINGDOMS OF THE YUCATAN
Cherry Hamman
200 recipes
This unique cookbook of exotic recipes contains also the author’s
fascinating observations on a vanishing way of life in little villages.
Some recipes included are Piquant Chili Spice Paste, Joroches de Chaya
(Stew of Little Dumplings with Spinach), Pebre (Spicy Chicken with Pork
Stuffing). The author has taught classes in Mayan cuisine for over 10
years in Florida, where she resides.
hardcover 250 pages 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 W

Publication Date: 5/1/1998
ISBN: 0-7818-0580-5

I would guess that it would do for a school report and required dish.

Johnnae