[Sca-cooks] gods and ceremonies

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adelphi.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:38:55 PST 2005

>  Gods of cooking
>    Interesting phrase for an interprative art form. Does one carry a
>rolling pin sceptor, a frying pan shield, and roaster armor.  A
>sausage wreath crown, with  lackies running behind reminding one
>"there`s a pie in the oven."

Something like that was done for my friend Lady Isabeau when she got
her Manche (East Kingdom A&S award) for cooking and music.  IIRC, she
was called into court without explanation, then a dozen of her
friends paraded in, singing and waving cooking implements including a
14" frying-pan lid.  On a cue from TRM, the frying-pan lid was turned
over to reveal the device of the Order of the Manche painted on its
underside.  Pity nobody thought of the sausage-wreath crown....

--
                                    John Elys
         (the artist formerly known as mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib)
                                sbloch at adelphi.edu