[Sca-cooks] some recipes and questions

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 10 21:35:33 PST 2005

Cassata is a dish named after the bowl it is formed in and derives from
Arabic cooking.  There are a number of cassata recipes, but I suspect
cassata al fiorno (baked cassata) may be the closest to the original.  I
haven't seen any period recipes for it, but I haven't been looking.  It
might be worth looking in the Arabic corpus for the original form.

Bear