[Sca-cooks] Steppes 12th Night is completed

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 13 05:04:32 PST 2005

>> > The chireseye appealed to those who like sweets and cherries. I found
>> > it a
>> > little more glutinous than I would prefer
> Perhaps. But as you mentioned there wasn't a lot of other bread.

Just because it is a bread product doesn't mean it should have a gluey
texture.  It wasn't library paste, but it was more than I would have desired
in a bread pudding.  I'm not saying that I can make it any better, just that
I would not and did not find it satisfactory.

The creme bastard would certainly have improved the chireseye.

>> I tasted the paste
>> and it tasted right. I didn't want to add any more. (In case anyone
>> wonders, it was about the thickness of warmed creamy peanut butter).
> Mine was more like chunky peanut butter.
>
> Stefan

Warmed creamy peanut butter will pour (the kind I use is salt and peanuts
and will almost pour at room temperature).  The sage sauce was a paste
coming from the steam table.  The portioner was spreading it on the chicken
with a knife and it wanted to stay in a lump.

Bear