[Sca-cooks] Cooking & Serving

smcclune at earthlink.net smcclune at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 13 08:38:35 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
> Waaaaait a minute, you never told me you had a hot
>tub!!!  I'd have been there!

hmmmph!  and the two chest freezers don't git ya all riled
up? ;)
<<<

Well, those would be nice, too, but I have to admit I'm a hot water addict ...

what was way cool, was that fairground janitorial staff
(who, after feast was done, we invited to enjoy remaining
food, which they happily did) came by regularly to empty
trash cans and mop up spills and things better than we
did.  that was not only way cool, but added to our
manpower and safety!
<<<

Our fairgrounds has a pretty good staff, too -- they won't mop the kitchen for us, but they will stack tables and chairs and sweep the hall for us.  They also did trash runs throughout the site all day, and were on-site (and had pagers/cell phones) so that they could be reached in an emergency (like when one of the drains backed up).  They have always been very good to us.  I left them a basket of munchies this year ... :)

Arwen