[Sca-cooks] Ostgardr supper club

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 06:40:40 PST 2005

So, what is a Ostgardr "supper club"?
Stefan

The Ostgardr Supper club is a gathering of like minded cooks that meet once
in a while ( we try to meet quarterly) to make, eat, and experience a
medieval aspect of cuisine.

I got the idea because I like to host things and we have so many cooks here,
not everyone gets to play as often as they like, and I wanted to learn from
others in a less formal venue than a class or an event.

The host and/or cook decides the topic and we all come to help out and eat
the results.

We have the advantage of a small amount of diners, who like to help and it
is a perfect way to try out a new idea. It's a time to experiment on a small
amount of interested  and friendly critics.

Brekke did an all Lenten feast with yummy salmon and I did a feast which
concentrated not only on the food, but the medieval atmosphere of the dining
(complete with hand washing rituals)- Devra brought a marvelous soup for us
all to try as well.

We have lot of  cooks  here so they are currently vying to see who is next.

It's alot of fun. Sort of like a gathering  where everyone learns and helps
out.

Andrea