[Sca-cooks] Ostgardr supper club

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 08:31:28 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/15/2005 9:41:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scadian at hotmail.com writes:

> Sort of like a gathering  where everyone learns and helps
> out.

Hmmm...ACG has a Cook's Guild that meets once a month.  We usually meet at
Master Gille's house and he gives us a "topic" which we research and find
recipes and bring the stuff to cook.  He's got "staples" (if you can call rosewater,
saffron, etc. staples) that all can use.  We cook all afternoon and then sit
down and eat the fruits of our labors, each cook explaining what they made,
where the recipe comes from, etc.  We have also built up an adjunct "Eater's
Guild" to help eat all the food!   Several times last summer, we cooked over a
firepit at THL Rhenna's home, where she has put in a permanent (stone
surrounded!) firepit for our use.  Last year we did cheese, Lenten, things in pastry (of
various sorts), and we also cook as a group for events and test the feast
recipes on Guild days.

Etain