[Sca-cooks] Sultan's Book of Delights-- late 15th century

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 03:43:56 PST 2005

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to order this book, but
> >the publisher won't let me.  Amazon says that
> >the book is "out of print--limited
> availablity".
> >Even Barnes and Noble says it is "not
> available
> >at this time".  Where else could I purchase
> >this?
> >
> >Huette

> Try going directly to the publisher...Routledge
> Curzon.  I "googled"
> their name, and it took me right to their site.
>  I had to noodle around
> on the site a bit to find it...the search
> didn't work...but I found it
> under Mid-Eastern books.
>
> Kiri

If you read my message again, you will see that
I tried.  Their website was having fits because
the book hasn't been published yet.  I still
put the item through their order process, but
it gave me an error message.

I used the ISBN number instead of the title and
got to the correct page immediately. Having been
an acquisitions librarian for almost 20 years, I
know that ISBN numbers are more important to
publishers than titles [which can change
sometimes completely] or authors [who also
can change.]

But thank you for the suggestion.

Huette

=====