[Sca-cooks] Squid Ink in Atlanta?

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:09:23 PST 2005

Greetings,

I believe that Nicola is referring to the Buford Highway Farmer's
Market which is just outside of I-285 on Buford Highway. It is
distinctly different from the International Farmer's Markets - one of
which is located on Peachtree Industrial and the other which is on
Jimmy Carter Blvd.

I agree that the meats at the Int'l markets are sub-standard and
pretty much icky. I have found that they have the best prices on
things like Rosewater and other packaged Indian/ North African foods.
The one on Jimmy Carter also has a fairly nice bakery.

The Buford Highway Market is more of of a Pan Asian market and has
excellent meats, fish and veggies. And yes, I would be willing to bet
they have squid Ink. They also have the equivelent of a small Asian
Department store with assorted household goods and decor.

I was lucky enough to be guided through the market by a Chinese
friends Mother (in her 70's) and learned a great deal. Including the
fact that she preferrs the Japanese Soy Sauces to the Chinese ones.
Heh!

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva