[Sca-cooks] Virginia Dairy legislation

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 09:22:37 PST 2005

Sharon Gordon wrote:

>Does anyone know more about this legislation?  What effect could/would it
>have on SCA feasts in the state of Virginia?
>
>Sharon
>gordonse at one.net

I'm not sure.  I do know that there are regulations here in Maryland
that make it so that a Mennonite farmer who used to come to our local
Farmers' Market no longer comes because the State department that
regulates such things (Agriculture?  Health?) told him he couldn't sell
his eggs anymore.  This is a real loss as they were wonderful!  sigh.

But I've written a letter to the Governor and the Secretary of
Agriculture as a former resident of Virginia.

Kiri