[Sca-cooks] Ain-i Akbari

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 13:35:42 PST 2005

David/Cariadoc wrote:
>Ain i Akbari isn't a cookbook, it's an account (more or less) of life
>at Akbar's court--one volume of the Akbarnama. It has, I think, a
>total of thirty ingredient lists for dishes--with quantities but
>without intructions--plus instructions for arrack and for a flat
>bread that can be done in a frying pan. You are welcome to drop over
>sometime and read or photocopy it.

Yes, i am aware that it isn't a cookbook. As Westrup said, Fazl
describes some of the food, listing the ingredients.

But IIRC (and maybe i don't), not all are on your website.

Since i have a pretty good selection of Indian cookbooks, maybe i can
experiment with the ingredient lists using some pointers from modern
cookbooks.

Thank you for the invitation. I'll contact you privately about
scheduling some time.

Anahita