[Sca-cooks] Cioccolato di Modica

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Jan 21 07:37:05 PST 2005

At 06:58 AM 1/21/2005, you wrote:
>We had this discussion a year ago when they were doing "Colonial House",
>listening to them whine about the lack of food, even though they were
>sitting on one of the richest tidal systems in the US, and there are loads
>of wild foods around that part of Maine available to anyone with a lick of
>sense, a bit of twine,  and a little Boy Scout training.

You know, I was mostly annoyed at the womens' attitudes. As far as I'm
concerned, part of the whole thing was attempt to experience it in the same
way that those they were portraying did (ok, albeit with cameras
everywhere...). But it appeared to me that for the most part the women
spent little effort setting aside their modern attitudes. Even the stupid
caps- refusing to wear them because of their modern ideas about 'freedom'.
Spare me. For all the grousing about dirty hair, they could have kept it
cleaner if it was done up with the cap on top. <eye roll>

'Lainie