[Sca-cooks]Marmalade [was Preserves?]

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 08:02:34 PST 2005

Also sprach Marian Walke:
>Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>
>>Marian, I didn't realize you were here on this list. Welcome! Folk
>>here have been speaking of your baked goods with great affection
>>for many years, but I suspect many didn't realize you were here,
>>unless I'm being unusually non-astute... maybe a little
>>introduction is in order?
>
>Oh.  Well, I joined this list within the last month and have only
>posted a few times.  By way of introduction, within the SCA, I am
>Marian of Edwinstowe (now often known as Old Marian) of the Barony
>of Carolingia, East Kingdom.  I have been cooking in the SCA for
>some 30 years.  At one time I managed the Sated Tyger, a cookshop at
>early Pennsics, and later Battlefield Bakery, also at Pennsic.  I
>believe this is what Adamantius refers to.
>
>--Old Marian

Yep, that was it. I had an early-morning, caffeine-free brain lapse
in my absolute certainty that Battlefield was the name of the Bakery
in question. I knew it, but something in the back of my mind was
strewing doubt that my memory was accurate. But that's okay, I've got
my tea now; my brain chemistry will soon be back to normal (such as
it is).

Thanks, Marian! I seem to recall that there are still people on this
list who, for years, have been wondering how to make vegetable
pasties "like the ones they used to sell at the Battlefield Bakery at
Pennsic".

Speaking only as another traveller on this list, it's a great
pleasure having you here!

Adamantius

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782