[Sca-cooks] Sausage recipes

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:07:13 PST 2005

Greetings,

I have been avoiding this thread because this time last week I was in
the midst of making 43 lbs of bratwurst from Sabina Welserin. And boy
am I sick of sausage.

Now, here is a question. In the recipe it calls for 4 lbs pork, 4 lbs
beef, 2 lbs pork fat and 1 quart of water.

What is the purpose of the water? When I googled for bratwurst recipes
to have a starting place for proportions (being that I had never made
sausage) many of them also called for water. I had planned on leaving
it out but decided to include in in that it did not seem to hurt
anything. But that leaves me wondering what purpose it serves.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva