[Sca-cooks] RE: KASF feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:30:42 PST 2005

I'm with Ro.  It took a lot of training to get our audience to eat sauces,
let alone a lot of different venues into the period recipies and spicing.
Over the years, we (the Bight Hills Cooks Guild) have managed to train folk,
sometimes by compromise, sometimes with 'eat or starve' tactics.
Sauces were an intrigal part of period food.  If we want to re-create
recipes, sauces should be included.  Some, more sophisticated or humorial
folk, may argue, and rightly, that certain sauces were for certain humorial
or aclesiastical rights (yup, I know I said all that wrong but you guys know
what I really mean).
Anyway, good point Ro!
Olwen