[Sca-cooks] Red Currants

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Mon Jan 24 19:10:11 PST 2005

Kerri Martinsen wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can get fresh or quick frozen red currants?  My
>stash is out and I can't find the canadian supplier's number again!!  I know
>my timing is really bad.  They are in season from June to July.  Just trying
>to think ahead.
>
>Vitha

If in Atlanta, GA (better known as South Downs) you might try YDFM (Your
Dekalb Farmer's Market) for red currants.  I found fresh red currants
there just before Christmas.  (We served them as an interesting
garnish/addition to the platters of fresh fruit in the middle of the
breakfast table.)

--Cian