[Sca-cooks] OT Chili Spaghetti???

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jan 26 20:07:51 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Sorry for the waste of bandwidth, but I just saw an episode of 'Unwrapped'
on the Food Network,
> and apparently there is some kind of bizarre cult up in Cincinatti which
eats Chili poured over
> SPAGHETTI!!!
>
> Anyone here know anything about this absolute abomination?
>
> I'd love to know:
>
> 1)  WHY???
> 2)  Who would DO something like that???
> 3)  WHY???
>
> William de Grandfort

It's called Cincinati Chili, and it's promoted by Skyline Chili. I wouldn't
really worry about it- what they call "chili"  is bland as plain flour, made
with tomato sauce, kidney beans, both canned,  and hamburger, with maybe a
shred or two of onion, and bell peppers, as a soup- in fact chili in that
area is often called "chili soup". They also have a common dish they call
"chili mac" which is the same stuff with macaroni mixed in. If they're
really feeling daring, they' add some rubber "American cheese" or possibly
some "Velveeta". It's cheap stuff they basicly feed the kids in the school
lunch, when they have leftovers they want to use up.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.