[Sca-cooks] Cornbread

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 27 08:37:43 PST 2005

But they make it here and only here---
Most grade school kids in lower Michigan probably take
the free tour during their school years.
And the downtown has this--
http://www.jiffymix.com/Ann%20Arbor%20News%20081502.htm
  Towering Jiffy Box to Grace Chelsea
    Replica's a "mural," and as such exempt from sign ordinance

Chelsea -- A mural is not a commercial sign, declared the Chelsea
Village Council, clearing the way for the Chelsea Milling Co. to display
a towering depiction of a Jiffy corn muffin box on one of its buildings.

The enlarged replica of the company's premier product - complete with
"add egg and milk" and "NET WT 8½ OZ (240 g)" - will grace downtown
Chelsea across from another landmark, the Clock Tower, by the end of the
year. But it took a personal appeal by Howdy Holmes, the company's
president.

http://www.jiffymix.com/    It's like the native food.

Johnnae