[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Sat Jan 29 08:13:31 PST 2005

Do you think it's possible that the affront to
> your then-pregnant aesthetic was because you were pregnant, as much as by
> any inherent repulsiveness of the spinach-noodle lasagne? I ask because
> pregnant women have often been known to become violently nauseous over
> things that would otherwise not disturb them. My lady wife was unable to
> even pass by the premises of the well-known New York Japanese grocery
> supplier Katagiri, claiming it reeked of rotting fish, even though A) it
> did not, and B) she's a smoker and has a rather weak sense of smell when
> compared to most people, and astonishingly weak when compared to me.
> However, I wasn't pregnant...

It's entirely possible. I knew I was pregnant because the mere smell of
anything tomato-based would have the same effect on me. Fresh tomatoes were
fine, but cooked tomatoes would make me very ill. The only lingering effect
is that to this day I can't stand the smell of ketchup.

But supper tonight is going to be chili, served with cornbread made in a
cast iron skillet. yummmyy. And yes, I put beans in my chili!

Laurensa