[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...and Kids

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 12:49:04 PST 2005

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> Fair enough. I forget sometimes how lucky I am to have a kid with
> relatively eclectic tastes. What's really scary is some of the stuff
> he invents early on Saturday mornings, that I find him eating when I
> wake up...
>
> Adamantius

I feel your pain, my brother.... my 12-year-old son loves writing recipes, and some of the stuff
he comes up with actually sounds pretty good.  And then there is the rest of it.....  I humor him
from time to time, and let him do what he wants, just to show him, exactly, why certain
ingredients should never be combined.  And then sometimes he really surprises me by pulling
together a very tasty combination.  His 'Salsa' rocks!!  Of course, he likes to put things in the
blender, so it comes out looking a bit like pale Gaspacho, but the flavor is solid.

I was very impressed with his 'Ranch-Hand Pizza'!!!  Instead of a traditional pizza sauce, we made
one with the addition of jalapeno, cumin, fire-roasted onion and tomato, and it came out very,
very tasty.  We then topped it on a Boboli crust, and finished it with Pepperoni, Ortega Chile,
Pepperjack cheese, black olives and Cotija cheese.  Fan-freakin-tastic!!!  We've made it a few
times since, just because it is so good, and he beams with pride when we make it.

His recipe for Quiche, on the other hand, needs some work.  First of all, I would replace a few of
the meat and cheese ingredients, and actually add a few eggs...

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.