[Sca-cooks] Tamales

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 00:12:46 PST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:35:34 -0500, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> I don't _think_ tripe is blanched as a matter of routine anymore,
> anyway. Does anybody know? My usual approach is to allow about three
> hours for it to cook, and if it's tender before that, it's not a
> problem.
>
> Adamantius

I gotta go to the market tomorrow, after I break my truck out of the block
of ice it is encased in, and I will ask the butcher there how they handle it.
The stuff I have seen recently looks pretty raw, but tripe varies a lot in
appearance anyway.

On a side note.  I live in a city that is known to get ice storms in the
winter.  Why am I the only person at work who owns an ice scraper?
A big, northern style ice scraper :-)

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson