[Sca-cooks] OT Cornbread

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 05:04:58 PST 2005

Lawrence Bayne wrote:

>YES!
>I have even eaten cornbread and buttermilk as dessert!
>And the cornbread must be HOT with butter while the
>buttermilk MUST be ice cold.
>BB
>Lothar
>

>--- Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>MMMmmmmmm....cornbread and buttermilk......mmmmmmm

To add to the general commentary on this...my grandfather's favorite
thing was something he called "soak bread", though as a child, I thought
he was saying, "soap bread" which I thought sounded REALLY nasty.  This
was a bowl with a large chunk of cornbread (southern-style, no sugar)
with some kind of pot liquor (turnip greens, string beans were the usual
flavors) poured over it.  He was from a small town southeast of Atlanta,
GA.

But you guys are missing one major kind of cornbread...spoonbread!  Oh
my...hot out of the oven with a large chunk of butter...my mouth is
watering.

Kiri