[Sca-cooks] Re: interesting sighting at the greengrocer

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 07:22:58 PDT 2005

Yesterday on my way to Weight Watchers, I stopped to buy some fruit at a
local green grocer's run by some Orientals. There I saw a sign that said 'Baby
grapes'. And indeed, so they were - long stems with small clusters of very small
very green grapes on them.  I asked the cashier what they were used for, and
she said, 'No good. Very sour.'

Huh. You wouldn't want to make verjuice out of them, because there were only
a few grapes on each stem.  Not enough to be worth working with, and they were
probably too young to have that much juice anyway.

Comment? Suggestion?
     Devra (down 13 pounds)

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com