[Sca-cooks] Mangoes, was chicken fried steak (OOP)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 20:50:46 PDT 2005

Adamantius said
>  Luckily, I'm not a big fan of papaya. Now mangoes, on the other
>  hand... ;-)

The week before i left Indonesia, i must have eaten a kilo of mangoes
every day - ok, maybe 2 kilos - anyway, these weren't like the
underripe Mexican ones i often find in the US, with their pronounced
resinous taste. No, these had been picked ripe off the tree and
brought by the grower to the local market...

I knew i'd never get the chance to have such fresh and ripe mangoes again...

I'm sure my Indonesian relatives thought i was nuts, since they are
such a common place there - like apples are here.

Mutiarawati,
reminiscing
(ok, that's a joke name, built with a translation into Bahasa
Indonesia of part of my mundane last name and a feminine ending)
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita