[Sca-cooks] flavored butters

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 23:12:26 PDT 2005

   Cordelia Toser mentioned:
> As far as flavored butter, I have not, nor have several of my friends,
> found a reference to flavored butter (as a spread) in a cookbook that
> we found trustworthy.  You are wise to let the feasters mix the honey
> and butter themselves, and it's less work for your kitchen staff

Honey butter, no. Except as medicinal. Herb butter, yes.

For some further information on this, see these Florilegium files.
In the FOOD section:
butter-msg       (130K)  9/ 9/04    Period butter. Making butter.
Butter churns.

In the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
Honey-Butter-art  (20K) 11/17/01    "Is Honey Butter Period?" by THL
Katja
                                        Davidova Orlova Khazarina.

Stefan
--------