[Sca-cooks] Big fish

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Jul 1 16:07:14 PDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> http://www.scienceblog.com/catfish.html?q=node/8320
> http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/content/news/gallery/
> 0701catfish1.html
>
> Oh, and it seems they are endangered. This from
> an article from 2003:
> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/
> 0515_030515_giantcatfish.html
>
> My husband came across this and forwarded it to me--
> It is one massive fish.
>
> Johnnae

Okay, the Spencer method for fish cookery notwithstanding, the
question that is begged is, where does one find the world's biggest
hush puppies, and does fried cornmeal batter possess the tensile
strength (sans gluten, remember -- or does one add wheat flour for
gluten?) to support itself in large, heavy structures? How long do
you have to fry an 80-pound hush puppy ;-) ?

Discuss...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782