[Sca-cooks] Re: A Question of Serving

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jul 4 07:15:51 PDT 2005

It's the senior or ranking peer around here, not the royalty, that makes
the toasts.  The first toast is always *to* the Crown and Kingdom,
anyway <g>.  And then there's one to any visiting royals, but that's
about it.
It was....odd....when I realized that I'm pretty much the oldest
(active) peer in my barony, if not the one of highest rank.  We have a
local viscount who's pretty much a non-player, and a Count who plays but
can rarely make feasts because of his work schedule.  I'm usually in the
kitchen, though, so the toast thing is really not something I remember
to do....
--Maire