[Sca-cooks] Kingdome differences

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jul 5 10:50:47 PDT 2005

At 10:25 AM 7/5/2005, you wrote:

> > However, I also think that IKA is one of the really medieval
> >things about the SCA.  Other  kingdoms aren't cookie-cutter
> >copies of this one, only in a different mundane place.  They are
> >Furrin Places, where people are Strange and do things Differently.
> >
> >Brighid ni Chiarain
> >Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
> >

>I have to agree that it is quite fun to travel to other kingdoms
>to see what their culture is like. It never occurred to me that
>anyone would say anything other than Vivat! when honoring someone
>in court. I believe it was Drachenwald where they used Hurrah!
>instead. The differences are part of what makes it so much more
>exciting to travel to "Furrin Places" and I'm glad there isn't a
>push to standardize these things in the SCA.
>
>Ysabeau
>Barony of Bryn Gwlad
>Ansteorra

Here in An Tir it can vary from reign to reign- sometimes Hurrah, sometimes
Hurray, Vivat, Ave, whatever. Sometimes they announce when they step up,
sometimes I find out later, in court after I have yelled the wrong one,
natch. ;-)

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." ~Theodore
Roosevelt